Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Popping my Action Figure Nerd Blog Cherry

We all have somewhere in our house that contains something we are nerdy about, be it salt and pepper shakers, vintage albums, snowglobes....or in my case ACTION FIGURES! So I wanted to create my little slice of the internet where I could talk about my Shelf of Nerd Love.

What makes this blog any different from the plethora of fellow nerds out there reviewing the very things that receive their nerd love, their figures? They aren't me, they don't have my voice, my likes, my gripes and so on. Granted, there will most certainly be overlap and similar comments or views. For the most part I plan on taking a look at my nerd purchases, and the primary focus will be Action Figures. I have been a collector for quite some time (translation: before being a nerd was cool). My collection (which is currently in boxes as I am in the middle of a move) consists of Masters of the Universe Classics, Marvel Legends, DCUC, LEGO, NECA figures, various toys from movies, tv and games. Probably not unlike many collections out there. I am lucky and I do have some extra money that goes towards many a toy purchases, and if my thoughts or views help someone decide if something is worthy of their cash, then I would consider this little venture a success. If nothing else, let's talk toys.

I do have some reviews currently on YouTube, but uploading takes forever! So instead of being super wordy on there, I can create shorter videos and be wordy on here for a complete look at a figure. I am a blogger virgin and this will most likely look like crap at first until I get things up and running. I am looking forward to it though, because I have already had numerous conversations with fellow collectors, and damn it feels great to talk toys with someone who is into the same things as you. I know full well that as I type this no one is going to read it...but I will do my best to include content that will make it worth your while to spend a few minutes with me every so often.

Ok, so....now what?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment